Information required for Roku Radio Apps.
- App Title – This is the title of the App as it appears on the Roku platform.
- App description (short) – A brief description for your app, this appears on the App stores.
- App description (long) – A longer description for your app, this appears on the App stores.
- Keywords – A list of keywords to identify your app in user searches.
- Contact email address – Your contact email address. Note that this may be visible in the Skill stores. If you do not wish to display a public email address, use ours (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Images required for Roku Radio App.
We require various high quality logos from you, we will derive all the other logos required from these two. Please ensure they are of the highest quality to avoid Roku rejecting the App.
- Channel Store logo must be 540×405 pixels in size (square) and PNG format. This image will be used inside the App as the channel logo.
- Channel Store logo must be 500×500 pixels in size (square) and PNG format. This image will be used inside the App as the channel logo.
- Background Store logo must be 1920×1080 pixels (wxh) in size and PNG format. This image will be used as the App background image.
- Header Store logo must be 400×90 pixels (wxh) in size and PNG format. This image will be used as a header image.
- Channel logo (in-screen) must be 1500×634 pixels (wxh) in size and PNG format. This image is used as the in-screen station logo.
Additional information required
- Live stream information. Note that we will have a permanent connection to your streaming server. Statistics for the Roku Radio App are available via our dashboard.
- Streams may be in MP3 or AAC+ formats and available 24/7. For MP3 we recommend a minimum of 128kbps, for AAC+ a minimum of 64kbps. Note that Roku may remove channels that fail to broadcast reliably.
- Advert display frequency can set set at signup (display advert for x seconds, every x seconds) and updated thereafter via support ticket.
- Advert images must be 600×600 pixels in size, .JPG or .PNG format and will be uploaded via the dashboard (if you wish to serve adverts).
- You may update the ticker via the control panel in real time. If you do not wish to make use of the ticker, simply leave the ticker field blank.
Image / Cover art
- The reliability of displaying artist images / cover art relies on the metadata you provide. You should ensure that all metadata (IDv3 tags) display the correct data (Artist – Song Title).